2-day program, including 0.5 day hands-on – CPD 27 hours
- Advanced biomechanics to understand force systems from different bracket wire geometries and risk assessment appropriate to treatment planning.
- Anchorage and how it applies to orthodontic tooth movement
- Detailed understanding of VTO and how it impacts on planning treatment
- Management of class 1 malocclusions non extraction and extraction
- Management of class 2 malocclusions non extraction and extraction
- Bracket position and torque modifications and different auxiliaries based on proposed tooth movements
- Digital Finishing wires
Hands on component will include:
- Wire bending for finishing-stepbends, toe in bends, individual torquing bends
- Tip-back springs, cantilevered arms
- Activation and placement of a TPB
Lecture by Dr Geoffrey Hall, The OrthoEd Institute.
Following the completion of this two day program, the participant will understand advanced biomechanics to allow them to prepare themselves for difficult malocclusions and more importantly to treat every patient in the most efficient manner with appropriate treatment planning. There will be a detailed analysis on anchorage and utilisation of the Virtual Treatment Objective (VTO)to provide better planning for their patients. With this module, both non-extraction and extraction cases will be treatment planned and the management of these cases in the most efficient manner will be discussed in detail.
Ready to start?
Head over to our Course registration page to get started.
Dr Rohit Sachdeva, Founder and developer of suresmile, and inventor of the copper niti archwire.
Need some motivation to start?
Download our 10 reasons why you should implement orthodontics into your practice